Sarah Pollock is a widely published writer, whose work has appeared in anthologies, magazines, literary journals, and newspapers. She has been senior editor at Mother Jones, editor-in-chief at Pacific Discovery (the natural history magazine of the California Academy of Sciences), and a staff writer at the Hartford Courant, the Oakland Tribune, and the famed Long Island Newsday. For many years Sarah headed the journalism program at Mills College. She is active nationally with issues of diversity and integrity in journalism, and supports local news by serving on the board of the Bay City News Foundation in Oakland, California. A member of The Writers Grotto in San Francisco and a life-long Californian, she is married to a Norwegian and has spent decades summering in rural Norway. This article for Craftsmanship was born of her affection for her part-time home.
Feature Stories by Sarah
- The Norwegian Sweater Detective (writer)
Sidebars by Sarah
- The Art of Making Norwegian Yarn (writer)
- Old Norwegian Sheep and Their Durable Wool (writer)
- Want an Authentic Norwegian Sweater? Here’s How to Find One (writer)
- Resources for Nordic Sweater Lovers (writer)